Infusions

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Ok so i need to go detox for a while.

And was thunkink of makeing some infusions.

I have tones of mint in the garden, i presume i can just put this in the dehydrator then soak it in water to drink?

Thought about ginger as well?

Any advice?...... Please

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Firstly, yes it'll work :) and you can use the mint fresh without dehydrating it.

Secondly, remember it's a herb. Herbs don't just make tea, they have actions upon the body too.
Consider 'why' you wish to detox, and you might well find that there are herbal teas that will aid and assist.

At this time of year the mint is up and good, but so are fresh nettles, lemon balm, beech, lime, strawberry, blackcurrant, raspberry, dandelion. That's just for starters too; there's a myriad of plants we can use.

Ginger I find is best grated and covered in sugar. The sugar turns to liquid and that liquid in hot water makes a very good tea.

cheers,
Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pignut,

If you need herbs in quantity, scoot over and raid my stores and herb garden mate

Red

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Ok so i need to go detox for a while.

And was thunkink of makeing some infusions.

A commercially available one we have in the cupboard...
425550b.jpg [h=3]Ingredients[/h]Dandelion root (10%), burdock root (10%), corn silk, milk thistle, bearberry leaves, liquorice root, peppermint (10%), spearmint (10%), ginger root, sage, galangal root, artichoke leaves.[h=3]:)[/h]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE