info about Inflatable Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grimstead

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2008
wolverhampton
hi people

need so help with info about Inflatable Canoe pls

2 x adults
2 x 100L rucksacks

so can i go for a 2 man Inflatable Canoe or wont we fit us and the gear in and have to have a one man Inflatable Canoe hope some one can help and i would like a solid canoe but dont have the room to store it

mark

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
The Gumotex Baraka would maybe handle it. There was one in the local Tiso for a while and it was a fair size.

I met a couple on Loch Lomond one day who were in a big black inflatable that would definately do the job. I've no idea what make it was and just had a rummage around the net with no success. Looked like it might have been military issue.

If you can afford it folding canoes might be worth a look.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Hi folks.
We bought a Sevylor Colorado(I think) on Ebay last spring.It is allegedly a 3 seater but would be better as a 2 man with your kit.Comes with a carry bag,paddles,pump,keel and a repair kit.
I was very dubious about the robustness of these beasts but it has a reinforced shell which seems pretty bulletproof when fully inflated.It's quite heavy to carry and I'm not sure I'd want to do alot of white water in one.BUT we took ours out when my wife was training for the Great North Swim to use as a safety boat and it was very impressive on the lake.Faster than my mate's fibreglass Canadian and easy to steer and beach.Damn good lake transport for £300 ish if I remember right.
Hope this helps.
Simon

grimstead

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2008
wolverhampton
Grooveski

wow i like that just a shame its out my price range grrr but thank you for taking the time to look on the net il have a look at the folding canoes tho

mark

Last edited:

peterbennett9

Forager
Nov 20, 2010
Belfast
+1 for the sevylor, i have the Hudson, took it on a 4 day tour of the norfolk broads with a mate, a serious amount of gear/food/fishing tackle, it performed admirably!

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I have a 'Gumotex' single and my friend has a double which, when it was new, was called a 'Safari'.
I've had my little Solar now for over ten years and have had no trouble with it. I've mainly used this to explore parts of the East coast estuarys where a bigger vessel can't go. Places like Fawley near Southampton water, Brightlingsea, Maldon and parts of the London river are now familiar. I have usually had a 'mother ship' nearby so the journeys have never been more than three or four hours. I now have a 'dinghy suit' and this will help with the 'wet bottom' situation. I would still like to visit Faversham and some of the Kent coast but my friend tells me that cannibals live in Kent so I am a little nervous of that area!
I have carried another person but only for short trips ashore and the hull needs to have been blown up hard.
Hope this helps....There are now many choices too as the range has expanded somewhat.
Swyn.

SBreen

Nov 23, 2009
Prague - CZ
I suggest you have a read through here Linky There's plenty to choose from. We own a gumotex baraka and that would easily cope with what you're suggesting, but it is a bit on the pricey side. I've also heared some good things about the seylor boats. If you really want to dream have a look at PakBoats Linky They're the ones that I always drool over.

Simon

Nirgal

Mar 17, 2011
London
I recently purchased a Sevylor Yukon. It's a little pricey compared to other Sevylors but I wanted something that could cope with weight and wasn't "stealth blue".

She's lovely... :)

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Im selling this if anyone is interested ? £150 collect only in wigan
IMG00150-20110601-1202.jpg

IMG00152-20110601-1251.jpg

IMG00161-20110602-1607.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE