Individual wet wipes/baby wipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Does anyone know of any individually packed wet wipes or baby wipes, they need to be wetter than the sort from KFC.
We need them to put in our sons med kit, he is allergic to milk, egg and soy, where ever he goes he has his epi-pens and other bits but some times if he gets a skin contact and comes out in a rash a baby wipe is all that's needed.

Many thanks

Chris

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
If the ones from KFC are to dry then just add some water from your flask when you need them.

The ones i use dry out within a a few hours of opening them at this time of year, so that's what i do, just a few drops of water onto them before i use them and they're good to go.

If you struggle to find the single packets, how about a smaller packet of 15?

These are the ones i use.
20140503_124932-1_zpsnq0suz0c.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You can make your own.

Take one of the tubs that ordinary baby wipes come in and wash it out really, really thoroughly, especially the silicon bit in the lid where they pull through.

Buy the simplest non bleached Bounty type kitchen towels you can find, and cut the roll in half straight through (bread knife works well) to give you two sort of toilet roll sized rolls. Remove the cardboard inner and strip off the first sheet from the inside that might have glue on it.

Fit one roll inside the tube and make up a scant mugful of liquid.....up to yourselves what you use, but I like water and aloe vera and a couple of drops of essential oil in mine.....whatever soap you're allowed to use on the child maybe ? a couple of drops in water ?

Either way, pour it over the roll in the tube and put the cap back on. Pull up the first inner sheet. Leave the whole thing aside for a little while to absorb the liquid.

Cheap baby wipes made with stuff that you know is safe to use.

Replace often in hot weather if you don't use anything to stop mould or the like. I just sterilised the tub with Milton like feeder cups and the like.

For a med kit pack, just make them the same way, but pack into individual zip seals.

Really sorry to hear he's allergic to such common foods :sigh: there is a lot more information out there now than there was when we were young. It does make things a little easier, especially since food labelling has come on leaps and bounds.

Best wishes,
Mary

Last edited:

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
You can make your own.

Take one of the tubs that ordinary baby wipes come in and wash it out really, really thoroughly, especially the silicon bit in the lid where they pull through.

Buy the simplest non bleached Bounty type kitchen towels you can find, and cut the roll in half straight through (bread knife works well) to give you two sort of toilet roll sized rolls. Remove the cardboard inner and strip off the first sheet from the inside that might have glue on it.

Fit one roll inside the tube and make up a scant mugful of liquid.....up to yourselves what you use, but I like water and aloe vera and a couple of drops of essential oil in mine.....whatever soap you're allowed to use on the child maybe ? a couple of drops in water ?

Either way, pour it over the roll in the tube and put the cap back on. Pull up the first inner sheet. Leave the whole thing aside for a little while to absorb the liquid.

Cheap baby wipes made with stuff that you know is safe to use.

Replace often in hot weather if you don't use anything to stop mould or the like. I just sterilised the tub with Milton like feeder cups and the like.

For a med kit pack, just make them the same way, but pack into individual zip seals.

Really sorry to hear he's allergic to such common foods :sigh: there is a lot more information out there now than there was when we were young. It does make things a little easier, especially since food labelling has come on leaps and bounds.

Best wishes,
Mary

Have tried kitchen towel but it just gets soggy, throw in a wiping motion and it disintegrates and clogs, not ideal.

Baby wipes are usually very mild and supermarket branded ones are usually cheap.
Buy a big packet and just take a few out and keep in a ziploc bag.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You need the Bounty type.
They don't disintegrate, but last well when kept damp and pulled through the seal of the tub.

I'm sorry, I don't know any other name type to call them. There are blue checked huge ones meant for cars that work too though.

cheers,
M

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
I'd echo Benp1, the individual restaurant style wipes are good. Catering suppliers or cashncarries like Makro, Booker etc have them. They're usually fragranced, though, so check that's not an irritant.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
I pick up the various 10-packs at Boots. There are a dozen brands to choose from. I keep them not only in my daily work bag and in my desk drawer, but never hit the woods without a full pack. The only cost a pound or so. Boots has them in every conceivable type, from anti-bacterial to rose-scented and in various sized packs. Certainly perfect for a first-aid kit.

J

janeleonard

Its better to go with brand products that allows us to choose the right one that's safe and sound.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I use cheap ones, they have the same hidious chemicals as posh brands, but you get the rash for quater the price. I wouldn't touch antibac ones. The santizer gel does a better job with safer stuff.

Jay cloths cut up in a small bottle of water with potassium sorbate or steritab in it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE