In the News Today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I guess then research needs to be done to see where / in which foods is should be added?
Some countries have increased the amount of added Vit D and expanded the list of foods where it is added.

Osteoporosis is another Vit D related problem. Much more common than Ricketts.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Is what they wrote?
Hmmmmm....... why would a contestant carry an Epi pen?

If they had a medic on site with an apparently well stocked first aid supply....
If you have a serious allergy you always carry your own epi pen wherever you go. Just like I carry my own nitro glycerine pills wherever I go.

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
You see, I am highly allergic to bee and wasp venom. I carry an epi pen too.
Last time I had to use one was a bit scary. Night time, stepped on something that stung me. I thought it was a scorpion. ( I am fine with scorpion venom) but realized within10-15 seconds it was a bee.
Trust me, you do not 'spontaneously' pose for cameras and stuff.

it is a very scary feeling when your head swells up.
My personal concern is that when gardening at home, (I do not carry the auto injector, but place it on a sideboard in the kitchen) I get stung, swell up and my eyes get closed up.

But, the older I get the less I care. Son fully educated.

Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
My first thought was that it looks like one of those Asian cars where they copy ( mix and match) European car designs.

At least the quality should be better than the rest of the Range Rover line.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I went on the LR site and specked out an equivalent replacement for my Puma 110 - it came to over £60K without going 'hi-spec' - I don't think I'll be ordering one :(

I have no doubt though, reading the specifications, it is a very capable vehicle.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I am sure it is. I hope by moving the production they are making a vehicle that will not appear in the lower parts of the various rankings dealing with quality reliability like they do today.

60K is expensive. stupidly expensive.

But, that makes our (old? Classic? ) Defenders increase in value.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Landrover have totally jumped the shark.

It looks like a Skoda Yeti.
defender-2019-1224.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-4X4-AR.jpg

Reactions: EffyGent

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
It looks like a Skoda Yeti.
defender-2019-1224.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-4X4-AR.jpg

The Yeti looks better.
I love Defenders. But the latest one - no. Looking at the price tag - never.

I wonder if the Grenadier will ever be a success, or even be for long.
The problem I see is the environmental requirements.
Seems it is being made in Portugal, shipped in kit form to Uk for final assembly?

something I would love to know - the british Armed Forces, what will they do?
Get the Steyr/MB G Wagen?

If they choose that route, income taxes will need to go up.... Those are not cheap. Not even in the pared down mil version.

The positive for us Defender lovers is that the vast stocks of Defender parts will be flogged off cheaply!

Last edited:

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Great shots - even more so if you bear in mind that most of the classic pictures of diving kingfishers are taken using fish in a submerged aquarium as bait.

I went to a talk my a leading wildlife photographer who was giving away some of the tricks of the trade - a bit of a controversial technique as birds do get injured diving into the hidden glass.

I can never understand why people come into a discussion and hijack it, this is not a photographic forum it's a Bushcraft Forum...................lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE