In-line water filter or in-bottle water filter?

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm looking at getting a water filter and think its going to be a Drinksafe one and I cannot decide which one to get. The in-line filter so it would work with my hydration pack or the bottle type one.

If you use a water filter is it in-line or bottle, why did you choose that style rather than the other?

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Inline system for me. They are more flexible as a system and can provide more water in one go. I use mine as an on-demand with the tube or as a gravity filter.

Currently using a Webtex on a Source 3l bladder (Best bladders about IME) after I smashed my aquaguard eliminator into 1000's of peices. I had the bright idea of spinning it round by the tube to drain it out for storage and it hit concrete. :eek:

FWIW, the Webtex has exactly the same internals as the Aquaguard Eliminator.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
i though the webtex has an iodine flush built in?? but the drinksafe doesnt?

So jacko was saying :)

Hold on, I'll just go and see if any of the bits have fallen from orbit yet.:lmao: I thought both had either Iodine or Chlorine :confused: TBF, mine are both pre iodine ban so this info probably isn't up to date.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use the Drinksafe Supalite bag system, it's been a really useful purchase so far. I had some issues with it on a trip earlier in the year but since stripped it down and given it some TLC and it's working as new again. It could've been the auto shutdown feature doing what it's supposed to do, I need to read up on that one day. The flow rate isn't as quick as some of the other options but it's great for hanging up around a fixed camp for a few days. There were some questions with the filtration level on the filter originally but I think it's been improved, I've never had any problems using it for cooking or drinking. It'll remove most nasties but no good for viruses or chemicals I don't think.
Rolls up to a decent size and weighs around 240-250g all in.

For fast filtering on the move I use a MSR Hyperflow, insanely quick with the same filter level as the Drinksafe. A small package and also weighing around 240g from memory.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I use the drinksafe 1l canteen and its brillant with its neoprene holder and straps. Would love an inline one... I made a mistake when ordering and the chap on the phone was great, sorted it all out no probs. Havnt actually filtered dirty water but it unscrews from inside the cap so works as a normal bottle. Good quality

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE