Improving your photographs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
It depends on the printer (opperator), they can be very good, but generally most High Street printers, colour or monochrome, are pants!

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
It depends on the printer (opperator), they can be very good, but generally most High Street printers, colour or monochrome, are pants!

agreed, there are places on the web that will do your film for you the old skool way, granted its more expensive and the turnaround is weeks not days but its good if you dont want to develop at home. Ilfords do a good service though, i use them from time to time for B+W on the rare occasion i use it

simple B+W developing at home isnt that complicated if you have the right room to do it in, we used to do it in the bathroom.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
just a quickie. when setting up your camera for a shoot try to remember to take the white balance setting off 'auto' or 'average' 'awb'. Even on an Eos 1Ds mk3 the awb is not good and often puts out settings that are not compatible for your surroundings (light). Try and set white balance for the sort of light you are working in

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
As far as the white balance is concerned I now sort that on the PC in RAW with my SLR.

If you only shoot in JPEGS though adjusting the white balance is a good idea but will need to check the cameras instructions as my cameras both have a number of preset such as clody sunny tungsten etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE