I'm very sorry to have to report

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
that my hip operation went fine, and there will therefore not be a large glut of cheap clobber advertised on here for sale by my grieving widow:) (Actually, this may be a bit premature - when she realises how much my life insurance policy would have paid out I may well take an "accidental" tumble down the stairs when I get home...)

I should probably take this opportunity to apologise in advance for any weird postings from me tonight - I'm dosed to the eyeballs with morphine and other goodies, feeling no pain at all, but my bodyclock is totally screwed, hence me posting at 2am in the morning feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Anyways, am now fully bionic in the hip department, and will be looking to up the load on my pulk from the measly 60kg I had on my last trip!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Glad to hear it went well :D
Lovely time of year to heal and all the encouragement to get back on your feet properly :cool:

atb,
Mary

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Enjoy the scrips Andy and get back on form soon. Mind your wife doesn't grease the stairs!

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Good news!
Enjoy the physio and listen to the OTs.
My 80 year old mum had hers done in February and is now perfectly restored to
perambulation.She is loving the fact that she can walk for pleasure again after
progressive loss of movement over a long time.
She was a good girl and listened to the therapists though........
Get well soon Andy.
Cheers , Simon

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
their is still time for infection to set in and get you mwhahahahahahaha :p best of luck in the recovery.

Cheers mate - I knew I could rely on you:)

Thanks to the rest of you for the good wishes. Once the epidural wears off so I've got feeling back in the leg, I'll be off up the corridor on crutches (which are adjustable and made predominantly of hollow-tubed ally - hmmm - maybe an A-frame in the offing.....)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
good to hear Andy! wouldnt want to miss out on your foreign cocktails of death (one of which i used to keep me fire going at last northwood!)

I managed to find something "interesting" along those lines whilst in Kenya for my next meet. Its green, and I think there's sambuca in there somewhere.........

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Welcome to the club Andy :)

Had mine resurfaced in 2002 after a motorbike accident when I was a teen finally caught up with me and the joint was arthritic and knackered. Haven't looked back since (touch wood!). I still remember the amazement at being able to walk and move around pain free after so many years of acute discomfort.

Relax and gradually strengthen the muscles and ligaments over the next few months and you'll forget you even have the new one fitted :)

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE