I'm married to a bushcraft nut!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Anonymous

Has your other half ever offered to cook you a nice romantic meal for two? Then you find yourself chewing on Rabbit/Pigeon/fish that he has gone and caught himself, gutted himself, skinned himself. Of course he's cooked it himself because you're not going to go anywhere near it! That is until you have to put a tiny bit in your mouth and then you say "Mmm, delicious darling!"
Has your other half ever said "lets have a nice walk in the country". Then you find yourself tromping through the countryside wearing backpacks loaded with axes, knifes, cookers, saucepans and army ration packs?
Is your other halfs idea of a "Hot" date practising fire lighting techniques in the back garden?
His latest toy is a water purifier and he's been testing it out with the water from the rain butt in the back garden. The water looks horrible and disgusting with wriggling things in and lots of black bits. "Look" he says, "Look how clean it comes out!". He thrusts some under my nose. I dutifully have a little sip - "Mmm, delicious darling!"

Katy Hathaway

Apr 21, 2003
I am really looking forward to the delights that await me when I get married later this year. Steve is fast becoming a bushcraft nut. I enjoy camping, but I do not know how I feel about surviving in the wilderness. Mind you there isn't really much wilderness on Jersey!!
He has just joined the T.A. and is really excited about all the free kit he will be getting.
Within days of seeing my thermarest he had bought himself one.
However, as I am sure he will be reading this at some point. I love bushcraft and can't wait to spend many a 'hot date' learning how to light fires.

W

woodworm

I have not got an other half, but I do hope that when I find the right one she is into bushcraft, what adventures we could have then. On the other hand she may just write humorous text for this forum about me being a nutter! :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE