I'm looking for ventile smock and trouser

J

jacket of green 1

I've been looking for a smock made out of ventile material for some time now. I have found a manufacturer of ventile clothing called Snowsled near Bristol but its a bit expensive, but looked like it's good quality equipment.
So want I'm asking for does any one have one for sale in olive green in (L), or know were I can get one at a lower price then Snowsled? Also looking to see were I can get hold of ventile material in the UK and Ripstop material in cotton and Gortex. and thinking about it I'm looking for some trouser in ventile in a British Army Combat 95 patten, the smock in a SAS patten. I'm soldier and I'd like to stick to what I know.
Many Thanks Kev.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Off the shelf ventile is expensive, nio two ways about. You can get ventile trousers - west winds springs to mind, but i doubt you'd find any in s95 pattern, unless you diy.
Ventile you can get from point north, or direct from talbot weaving (cheaper).

I'm in the process of making a sas smock in ventile, and i have enough material left to make trousers as well...Should be good.

I'm getting a feeling of deja vu ?

chrisvreugd

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Netherlands
innocent bystander said:
I'm in the process of making a sas smock in ventile,

so, are you making a smock an your own????
how/where do you buy the ventile? and what kind of ventile are you using? (L24 L34 ??)
and where did you get the sew-patron from?
when you make your own smock from ventile, will it protect you for rain?

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
With help from mummy dearest - she's been a seamstress for about 50+ years, and knows more about sewing than i could hope to learn... :eek:
The pattern is from a worn out sas smock, unpicked and ironed out to make a pattern from. There is one hell of a lot of thread in these things. Miles of hem.
I chose L24 ventile, as it is a medium weight fabric, so not too heavy, not too light. Shuld be okay all year round...
It should be pretty waterproof, judging from my other smocks. Depends if it was peeing down all day long. If worst comes to worst, i can chuck a ponch over the top anyway !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE