i'm looking for a new shoulderbag....

... to replace my current EDC bag (an el cheapo ""made in india"" cotton bag) which will soon wear out :( (i'm afraid)....

my requirements are as follows: - ca.275mm wide x 200mm high (or slightly larger) and ca. 100mm deep (but NOT much deeper)
-made from bombproof material which can cope with high humidity without reqiring to much maintanance (so i guess something like 1000d cordura or similiar...)
- can be either green or camouflage (it does not have to be of military origin!)
-buckles only-NO zips/press studs- as they IMHO less liely to fail/easier to repair myself
- one or two inner pouches for better organisation would be nice
- the option to attach a waistbelt would be good as well(to prevent back from sliding around while cycling/wearing a backpack)----. so it could be either a shoulder bag or a (military-style) buttpack with a shoulderstrap (sewn on by myself)

i already did some research but no luck so far; the gas mask bags which seem popular these days are made from canvas which does not cope too well with humid conditions...

Last edited:

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
... to replace my current EDC bag (an el cheapo ""made in india"" cotton bag) which will soon wear out :( (i'm afraid)....

my requirements are as follows: - ca.275mm wide x 200mm high (or slightly larger) and ca. 100mm deep (but NOT much deeper)
-made from bombproof material which can cope with high humidity without reqiring to much maintanance (so i guess something like 1000d cordura or similiar...)
- can be either green or camouflage (it does not have to be of military origin!)
-buckles only-NO zips/press studs- as they IMHO less liely to fail/easier to repair myself
- one or two inner pouches for better organisation would be nice
- the option to attach a waistbelt would be good as well(to prevent back from sliding around while cycling/wearing a backpack)----. so it could be either a shoulder bag or a (military-style) buttpack with a shoulderstrap (sewn on by myself)

i already did some research but no luck so far; the gas mask bags which seem popular these days are made from canvas which does not cope too well with humid conditions...

Have you had a look at "game bags"?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Presumably you will be limited to whatever the market over there can supply, the things that we might recommend that are readily available here would cost a fortune to ship out to Japan.

Maxpedition produce a couple of shoulder bags that might fit the bill and will be available in Japan, alternatively you could look at camera bag manufacturers, this is my old Lowepro 'Stealth 100' bag, although it can be zipped closed, it has buckles that can be used instead, it also has a set of belt loops.

bag_003_lowe.jpg

Presumably you will be limited to whatever the market over there can supply, the things that we might recommend that are readily available here would cost a fortune to ship out to Japan.

shipping costs are my next problem- they can end up higher then the item itself...

i just did a quick search for "game bags"- either nonsense came up or bags made from leather (==useless for humid conditions).... . the maxpedition stuff looks nice but not exactly what i had in mind...

so i guess it's either searching for a camera bag or (another option i'm considering...) finding someone who can make a reasonable priced bag to my specifications...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
One of these Czech M85 respirator/shoulder bags _might_ fit the bill ...

Rough dimensions are:

Width ~ 260mm
Height ~ 220mm
Depth ~ 125mm

The depth is an inch over though ...

Three very basic pockets along the inner front ~ two half width, one full ~ and a basic pocket in each fold over flap ~ one accessible by lifting the lid, the other you need to undo the flaps.

Mine has a very basic (no padding) nylon webbing strap which clips onto d rings ~ so you could replace it with a halfway decent strap :D

It'll resist water but I'd not trust it to be waterproof ~ stitching and seams probably aren't sealed and as the lid flap is the same width as the bag water could ingress at the corners or flow in across the flaps.

A bag so bereft of aesthetics that it has a kind of charm and character :eek: :D .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE