I'm after a kukri, what can you recommend?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm after a readily available kukri with a 12" blade and a thickness of between 5mm and 7mm. What are my options?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nice, but no next day delivery option.

Next day delivery is tot a realistic expectation for a real one. Not unless you get lucky and find someone close who's willing to part with a personal one. The two companies linked have them hand made. Why the rush?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have one available from kukri house. I'll dig it out and get photos later if you like. I think it's the british army version.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
My khurkri is from Khurkri House Thamel (I've just dug out the email). It's a Jungle version although the handle on mine is different, I'll post pics shortly. Here's the link;

http://www.khukuriblades.com/products/details.php?id=3935fa874

And a word of warning about copies from the website, look out for those scamps ;-)

Be aware of Imitation:
Khukuri House Thamel, estd in 1993 has proved to be the best manufacturer of kukris in Nepal. Of late, some kukri shops and their sites have come up which deals in imitation of our kukris. We strictly caution our customers to be aware of such scamps and pledge to uphold the reputation of genuine kukri manufacturer.

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have this one for sale, if your interested PM me. It has a buffalo horn handle and the traditional sheath with two smaller knives it weighs 750g.

IMG_1914.jpgIMG_1897.jpgIMG_1896.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE