Im a celeBRATY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
"why would she want to ban everyone but the ramblers?"

Cos she's selfish, and she's worried Dwayne Dibbley might want his teeth back!

EdS

she doesn't like: 4x4 on greenlane, horses on bridleway land owners etc.

Basically anything or one that might distrub her " piece and solitude" in a theme park countryside.

Don't forget she is also head (or some big wig ) in the RA

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Oh I see....she's one of those! As I said she does have some funny ideas but still all credit to her for sticking her arm in a snake tank!

Doesn't she wonder why bridal ways are called bridal ways then?

I've always thought the best way to deal with the anti-landowners mob is to go camping in their back gardens and see how they like it... :eek:): Or is that just me being a bit agro! :nana:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
familne said:
Utter drivel - I'd slip in some really poisonous snakes to make things more interesting :wink:
I agree...... it's a pile of large old womens elasticated knickers.!!! I watched a little bit the other night with that Natalie crying 'I'm so exausted.. cry cry, bawl cry'
A couple of Inland Taipans in there would indeed liven things up a bit, and then old Natters would really have something to cry about. :p

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I think as a "Bushcraft" item it is indeed crap but as pure entertainment it's fab!

Not sure about the snake thing guys, I'm no expert but I do know that there's some pretty mean slitherers in that rain forest and Oz is home to the most types poisonous of snakes....I'd be checking my clothing, bedding and boots every few minutes if I was there....actually I think they are all fairly calm about it considering their backgrounds in the real world.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I'm not so sure....controlled though the enviroment is, it's still in the middle of the rain forest and things take the jungle back to nature real quick. I remember in one of the earlier series they had a wrangler in the camp every morning before they got up to clear the snakes out of it and last year they found 27 snakes in camp when the safety team checked it right before the celebs went it.
Ok, they have the safety team looking out for them (which is only right as they are very in-experienced) but I still think I'd be checking my kit very carefully before I got into it.... :shock:

Blimey....can you imagine the media frenzy if one of them got biten badly!!!! Bet their paramedics would be in with the anti-venon like a rat up a drainpipe!

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
Bambodoggy I have never slept like you in the jungle and would certainly have everyone else's concern about creepy crawlies if I did. So I don't blame you for calling them such.

The jungle is still a mystery to me: I know there are many different types of jungles but some people can't bear it for 5 minutes (remember that TV program about an English girl whose plane had crashed in the South American jungle and she was the only survivor? In 5 minutes of being there her face got covered with all sorts of bites and sores) while some others don't seem to encounter any of it, not to mention the Amerindians living naked and wearing no shoes...

But I personally find snakes very beautiful. Many of the other "creepy crawlies" are beautiful too. I think you do mind them very much once they make your life hell by their numbers, the danger or their interference with your camp or just your everyday life, although, well we are the intruder into their world after all...

Well Janet S-P was as we've always known her last night, her usual self. For once no screaming and childish behaviour (which we've seen with participants of so many times on this and other shows), she just got on with it, no-nonsense and resourceful as usual.

I didn't know she held such narrow views on the countryside. Well the countryside these days is the focus one-issue campaigners of many issues... :lol:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
For a show like this I don't think you "need" a luxury item but if I had to take one.....(and this is a luxury item mind not a survival item) it would have to be a photo of my Mrs....

I think the best luxury item ever on the show was on the second series when one of the guys brought in a massive blow up union jack sofa! How cool is that!!!! Why sit around on logs when you can have your own sofa, it weights next to nothing, folds up small and is a great talking and focal point....fantastic!!!!!

I see Janet S-P is back to being grumpy now Vic Reeves has arrived.....I can't understand how anyone can be so miserable so much of the time!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I think that the biggest wilderness we see on TV nowadays is the wilderness that exists between decent programs ...

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Adi007 said:
I think that the biggest wilderness we see on TV nowadays is the wilderness that exists between decent programs ...
Or between the typical celebritys ears

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
I agree completely about the biggest TV wilderness!!

Watched the late session last night, around midnight, very boring conversations, I would get bored on a camp like that!

I don't know the rules of the program: why did we see only part of the group there at camp, where were the others?

Janet wasn't there, nor Paul, Sheila, etc.

Well maybe Janet is reaching the grumpy age. Have you watched the ''Grumpy Old Men'' program? I am certainly quite grumpy at times because we are the grumpy generation :lol: although Janet is at the younger end of that age group it has to be said...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE