ideas for scotland trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 11, 2008
hi all,
four of us are planning a trip to scotland next week ( for 8 days)
wild camping and foraging are the plans.
we are heading to the northwest coast around applecross (opposite isle of skye).
as anyone any experience up there or any tips, we would like to find some native woodland and maybe a stream for a little protein.
also whats the mossies like this time of year.
thanks

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Around Applecross? Well, there's a few spots out on Kishorn Point (on Loch Carron, opposite Plokton), once you get past the forestry plantations. You can park up at the end of the road at Achintraid and then walk in on the forestry tracks - or at least you could the last time I was up there, but that's about 10 years ago now. I also seem to recall there being good oak woodland on the north shore of Loch Kishorn, but the slopes run right down to the water and it's a long, trackless walk in. Further up into Applecross might be better, but I don't know the area.

Not going to be a lot of foraging opportunities up there, unless you really like shellfish.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE