mallards, heron and buzzards overhead.

P1010127.jpg

On the way back after around 7 miles I came across a
stand of spruce and one in particular had massive
amounts of resin that had poured out and solidified
over the summer.
spruceresin.jpg

Anyway I thought I would take some to make up
some glue and fire sticks (like home made maya sticks)
and some incense, but I've got loads
P1010138.jpg

and was wondering what other folk would use it for?
Any suggestions welcome?

ps sorry about photo's!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
w00dsmoke, I have taken large pieces and pushed them into a small forked stick. You can then light them and have very useful bush candles. You also get the smell of the resin as it burns.:D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I suppose you could also use them in a shallow depression in a stone to much the same effect. Also, you can make pitch sticks so that you have glue ready for use in the future.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
About the photos you need to read the camera instructions to find out what the minimum focus distance is and dont get closer than that.
You crop the edges off later yo get closer.
The picture of the tree close would have been helped if you had the sublject closer to the centre of the shot to give the camera a better chance to focus.

The big tip with digital cameras is to experiment and take lots of photos which you can delete and cost is not a problem

good find though

The first shot is great.:D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I keep a piece of dried resin in my tinder pouch to crumble over questionable tinders as an aid to firelighting.
I also use the stuff as chewing gum - though it takes a little perseverence to get the best from it. At first it breaks down into a powdery consistency and some people really have to spit it out straight away. If you do keep going, it eventually comes together to form a pine scented/flavoured gum that I find quite pleasant. Be sure that you only chew the dried resin though, if you attempt anything remotely fluid, it'll stick to your teeth and take an age to get rid of.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE