ID of another blue flower please

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
qy9yqudy.jpg
9a7ypuze.jpg

As tittle please, it was hanging around with bluebells and ramsons wild garlic in an old sand quarry.
Also what looks like poppy but not sure
e8u3yjas.jpg
yvysadab.jpg
gudahu2y.jpg

Cheers
Bill

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Thanks guys, I've now found the other plant is a Welsh poppy 😄and you both right it's a Spanish Bluebell
Cheers
Bill

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Very orange for a Welsh Poppy, which is normally yellow. I've never seen them that colour before, but it could be a domesticated garden variety I suppose.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Very orange for a Welsh Poppy, which is normally yellow. I've never seen them that colour before, but it could be a domesticated garden variety I suppose.

True, it's the only one close to it I could find really, and maybe the light doesn't show it in its true colour. I stand corrected if you know of what it actually is 👍
Cheers
Bill

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Its a Californian Poppy Billy - they are invasive and rampant self seeders

California_poppy.jpg

Thanks Red
Was kind of hoping it was a welsh one as it would of been easier for me to remember, but thx for putting me straight on it, California it is then.
Cheers
Bill

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not certain Billy (don't know Welsh poppies well) - that vivid orange is a pretty safe indicator to me around here - I have been wrong before though!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just been to check and you are correct - the foliage is wrong for both Californian and Icelandic poppies - sorry - my mistake

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Interesting! As this one was in a disused sand quarry, do you think its colour pigment could of been influenced by the sand?
Thanks for all the replies guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE