I'd forgotten these

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Made a plateful of these tonight for the first time in years. Top food for carrying with you as trail snacks.

Make a pasic pastry, flour-fat-liquid and add a handful of your favourite herbs.
Roll it out very thin and cut to a square shape, dust with flour mixed with a little chilli powder, cut into two equal pieces and pop in the fridge for a while.

While that's chilling, get yourself a couple of big, juicy tomatoes and skin them (best way is drop them in boiling water for a few minutes then drop them straight into cold). Now pop them in a blender along with a chopped onion, a couple of fresh chillis, some crushed garlic, some ginger root a little coriander leaf, a smidgin of tobasco (or similar :naughty:) and a drop of tomato puree. Bung the blender on just for a second or so. Then add a few pieces of green pepper cut small.

Now great yourself a pile of your favourite cheese (I like a Canadian Cheddar or similar)

Beat an egg and add some dried chilli or chilli powder to it. Brush this egg mixture over your now chilled pastry. Set one piece of the pastry on a baking tray and cover it with a thin layer of your tomato mixture, then cover that in cheese, then cover the cheese with the other piece of pastry and push together like a big floppy sandwich.

Stick it in the oven. (dunno what temperature... hotter it is the quicker it'll cook, probably, hey... I'm a man!)

When it goes brown it's done.

Take it out and cut it into "fingers".

Keeps pretty well in a baggy.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Sounds tasty, bit like a pizza sandwich.
just noticed the time of your post, are you a night owl or do you work night shift?

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE