I would now NOT like my knife restoring. change of plan.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I have got this morakniv bushcraft knife.I have had it for years and years. the blade is very blunt and the grind is worn and it wont sharpen and I lack the skills to restore it. can anyone do that for me and what might it cost me . thanks. dale xIMG_1474.JPGIMG_1476.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: scruff

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I have got this morakniv bushcraft knife.I have had it for years and years. the blade is very blunt and the grind is worn and it wont sharpen and I lack the skills to restore it. can anyone do that for me and what might it cost me . thanks. dale xView attachment 89054View attachment 89055
Scandi grind blades are really, really easy to sharpen. Get yourself a diamond block, find yourself an hour to spare, and I'm sure you'll be able to learn how to do it.

And what you learn today will be useful for the rest of your life.

Astrochicken

Jan 15, 2024
LLanrwst
Agree with the others - this could be your 'sacrificial' knife, both for improving your sharpening skills, and also to practise any new sharpening equipment you get. I've got a Hultafors OK4, which was my starter knife before I moved onto something bigger, but I still keep the OK4 as it's helpful for me to get my eye in when sharpening before I move onto my other knife.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Moras get to the original sharpness just by stropping on the leather for a few minutes, unless suffered some unusual damage on the edge.

No need to use any stones or other sharpers into Moras for sharpening. And Moras are the work tools which don't need to be immaculate in the looks. The more battered they look, the cooler they look.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE