I went for a walk...

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
On Sunday as it was a beautiful morning I decided to go out for a walk, I took my camera and this is what I came across.
Unfortunately some of the photos are a bit blurred as the zoom on my digi camera is pretty pants!

Elder Berry
100_1588.jpg

Hazel Nuts
100_1595.jpg

Crab Apple
100_1593.jpg

Hawthorn Berry
100_1591.jpg

Damsons
100_1589.jpg

Sweet Chestnut
100_1596.jpg

Roe Deer, I think (They were quite a distance away and my zoom like I have already said is pretty pants, but they are the first deer I have seen all year so I was pretty happy)
100_1601.jpg

100_1600.jpg

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Greg, how many deer are there, looks like a small herd, but I may be looking at the wrong thing. Reason I ask is that I wouldn't expect to see more than two or three roe this time of year.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Greg, how many deer are there, looks like a small herd, but I may be looking at the wrong thing. Reason I ask is that I wouldn't expect to see more than two or three roe this time of year.

There were about 6 or 7. Do you think they could be fallow deer maybe?

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Its difficult to generalise, deer can behave differently in different areas. Here in Suffolk roe usually only group up in autumn/winter and then its not really a herd just family groups sharing the same field.
Roe are ginger/red at this time of year, fallow are usually red/fawn with spots or chocolate brown, fallow have tails whereas roe just have a white/cream rump.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Its difficult to generalise, deer can behave differently in different areas. Here in Suffolk roe usually only group up in autumn/winter and then its not really a herd just family groups sharing the same field.
Roe are ginger/red at this time of year, fallow are usually red/fawn with spots or chocolate brown, fallow have tails whereas roe just have a white/cream rump.

I was in a small hamlet just outside of Saffron Waldon near Cambridge.
I can't remember if they had tails or not, but at the end of the day I was just very happy to see them (I also wish I had a better camera!:Thinkingo )

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If it helps with the identification my wife said she saw the same group in the same place in March whilst out walking with my son.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
The beauty of nature is that she doesn't read the rule book and gives our sterile lives a bit of mystery. Just a joy to see, whatever they were.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE