I was on telly

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I know I'm not all that active on here any more but I thought I'd mention I was on the telly a few months back.

You can watch it on iplayer.

Do enjoy.

All the best
Andy

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've just looked at the programme and we saw it when it was first on. How's the blacksmithing going and did the advice from the show help long term?

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Good to hear from you Andy, I wondered whether you were still at it.
Thanks.

I've dropped off of all the forums I was active on. For no real reason really, just busier these days and haven't made it a priority. Between a day job offshore, life in general and now two kids I barely seem to get a minute. It's nice to pop in here very so often though. I'm glad it's still going strong after all these years.

Very much still at the blacksmithing game. It's leagues from the hobby set up I was using back in the day. I'll have to get some pics of my workshop up.
I primarily teach classes and do the odd commission now and occasionally even get to make a little something for myself.

All the best
Andy

Reactions: Nice65

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I've just looked at the programme and we saw it when it was first on. How's the blacksmithing going and did the advice from the show help long term?
That's a very interesting question.

Overall I'd say no. The show was a great experience and for reasons that are difficult to explain I actually got to do the filming twice. It was fun. I got to meet some great makers and some great people all round. The TV crews were great and Dom the presenter is a genuinely nice bloke and he really seems to be invested in the people and their crafts.

The blacksmithing business is going fairly well. It's totally self sufficient and ticks away quite nicely. I learned a great deal doing the show and had some great advice BUT and this is where things turn sour, I regret the items I made on the show. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wish I had made some more generic stuff that the masses could relate to. The lad that did roses has done very well for himself.

Some simple roses or mushrooms or something but hey ho.

So I didn't make a fortune as a result of the show and I don't think the business benefitted much but it is what it is. I'd still do it again if I could though.

All the best
Andy

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I know I'm not all that active on here any more but I thought I'd mention I was on the telly a few months back.

You can watch it on iplayer.

Do enjoy.

All the best
Andy
Cant watch that in Ireland (bbc). is it on anything else?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That's a very interesting question.

Overall I'd say no. The show was a great experience and for reasons that are difficult to explain I actually got to do the filming twice. It was fun. I got to meet some great makers and some great people all round. The TV crews were great and Dom the presenter is a genuinely nice bloke and he really seems to be invested in the people and their crafts.

The blacksmithing business is going fairly well. It's totally self sufficient and ticks away quite nicely. I learned a great deal doing the show and had some great advice BUT and this is where things turn sour, I regret the items I made on the show. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wish I had made some more generic stuff that the masses could relate to. The lad that did roses has done very well for himself.

Some simple roses or mushrooms or something but hey ho.

So I didn't make a fortune as a result of the show and I don't think the business benefitted much but it is what it is. I'd still do it again if I could though.

All the best
Andy
Same as Macaroon, I’m unable to watch it, so I’m not sure what you made. I get what you’re saying about mass appeal, but there’s a lot to be said for an artist who uses their individual style.

I bet it was a sword :D

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Same as Macaroon, I’m unable to watch it, so I’m not sure what you made. I get what you’re saying about mass appeal, but there’s a lot to be said for an artist who uses their individual style.

I bet it was a sword :D

Ha! You're not far off. I made a coat rack, a Sgian Dubh (Scottish sock knife) and a sculptural piece.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE