I want one off these ! when i win the lottery .

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 16, 2011
Iv got a deep passion for the old ways but i dont pretend that i enjoy the modern technology out their , especially this which claims to be the most advanced company in their field ! Their targeting us outdoorsie folk & i cant help but praise them. They have thought just about every thing from electric lightning , water pump & filter to being able to stay in touch with work or family & it can be transported by ones self. Comes with a 7yr guarantee. This is a true life saver as it even chrages your mobile phone .
It doesn`t come cheap at 1600 euros :(
If you are the type who doesnt mind mixing the old in with the new click the link & just press play on the short film it will save you reading all the jargo & show you in easy detail what it does & theirs two items being advertised which one you would you choose ? both very tempting ! Aha
2484.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
[video]http://images.worldsoft-cms.info/wcms/ftp/i/iland-solar.com/siteimages/2484.jpg[/video]

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A nice toy but if one of the components was to break then you'd end up carrying dead weight or paying a fortune to get it fixed.

I'd pick and choose separate gadgets to do the same tasks, if one dies then it's cheaper to replace.

Aug 16, 2011
Got to admit it has its place ! I rather like it my self for two reasons , one it requires no fuel just light being solar , other beats a heavy generator & it seems to do more of some what a better job . noise emmision is eradicated .
babes in the wood seems to carry it with out effort , yes eat more beans ! lol

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
but it does rely on sunlight, so poor sun poor performance, it takes up weight and space, no one should rely on solar power for any thing they rely on, as a poor back up maybe, but not a main source of power for kit used all the time,

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
this is the kind of chaff that used to turn up in Iraq, some idiot of an officer had thought it a great idea as it can do this or that and looks great, and would still be in its box when we cam back, to expensive to use, to fragile to rely on,

Aug 16, 2011
yup i agree i prefer to leave technology out to as its one of the reasons we enjoy getting out in the boonies to get away from it all & it would really only come into its own for long periods away . Just one of them few modern things that caught my eye which i thought was quite unique.
Thought it would get mixed feelings & be interesting to see if it ticks anyones boxes as it did mine , theirs a kind of security to it which captured me to forgiving this technology & accepting it. Not for every one though i appreciate.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, seeing as I have discovered though personal experience a laptop and stack of Anime DVDs is bushcraft esstentials...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE