I Want A Fire Piston Swap For A New

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
WILL SWAP ONE OF MY hunter CATAPULTS FOR ONE!
must be in good nick ie working.

heres what i am offering (one of):
DSC03794.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

thanks for looking

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
FP1.JPG

FP2.JPG

I got all of this together, there is the fire piston itself plus a lot of other bits. These are
A small tin containing some charcotton wool (I think), 2 types of suitable fungus, a couple of spare "o" rings, lubricating grease, and a small brasss rod to freee thw ember once burning.
A tinder box, and some instructions.

I had real problems getting my first ember, to the point that I emailed the maker and asked if she had tested it before sending it to me. She had and it worked fine, there is just a knack to it:rolleyes:. I found it best to place the piston part on a solid surface and then align the other half and sharply smack it down on to the piston. It took a few days before I managed it though.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Grebby

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I don't know if the pics look OK but from my end it's all gone wrong and I can't seem to edit my post. I resized the pictures and deleted the lovely out of focus one but I think that the old versions are cached somewhere:confused:

Fishfish, if you can't see the pics please feel free to PM me and I can email them over to you.

Mods please feel free to tidy up delete bits as appropriate.

Cheers
Grebby

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Got one from the same seller and it works well - however better with some materials over other. Chaga fungus is excellent and always lights within one or 2 compressions - as Grebby says, there is a knack to it - just don't give up!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I don't know if the pics look OK but from my end it's all gone wrong and I can't seem to edit my post. I resized the pictures and deleted the lovely out of focus one but I think that the old versions are cached somewhere:confused:

Fishfish, if you can't see the pics please feel free to PM me and I can email them over to you.

Mods please feel free to tidy up delete bits as appropriate.

Cheers
Grebby

done deal! ille even chuck in some lead shots!!

pm me yer address and ille reciprocate.

wooohoooo # ...i am a fire starter ,a twisted fire starter...................#

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE