I want a better looking version of this homemade knife. Damascus would be nice ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
Not to sound too ungrateful, but the hatchet is, well, a hatchet (lol), and the Grohmann knife is almost the exact opposite of what I tried to acheive in my own: It has a long blade, it's very, very pointy, the center of the handle doesn't coincide with the tip, the sharp edge is curved, rather than straight, and unless it's huge, it looks very narrow where it goes from grip to blade. It really is as opposite to what I want as possible. Even the hatchet is closer to what I want in an "all purpose" knife (yes, I realize there is no such thing).

I will see if I can find Richie'66 on here to see if he might be interested in making one for me. Thanks for the heads up on him, and thank you so much, Locum, I do like my knife, but I'd love to have a nicer looking version of it :)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2010
Denmark
Hi
I was pointed in this direction by Ritchie66, because I live less than 90 clicks from you :)

I make a knife now and then, usually with blades made by others and handle and sheath by me. I gave your design some thought, and tried to figure out how to make your blade from a stainless Lauri Leuku blade.
This is my result, blade can be made longer, as the adjustment of the handle-angle is not very difficult.

img3514s.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE