I need your help regarding where i can do bushcraft stuff

Apr 16, 2009
derbyshire
hi guys
i am new to this forum but please allow me to get to the point. i have a good understanding of bush craft but i have no idea of where i can put this into practice in the UK.
i don't really want to travel far because i am surrounded by lovely countryside where i am. and i want to be left on my own i.e i don't want to go on any courses or be anywhere near anyone.

so if anyone knows any woodland or campsites i can go to and set up a tarp with an open fire in Derbyshire then please let me know.

to be more specific i am in mattock.

thanks guys i look forward to a response.
yours in bush craft
rob.

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Just find somewere quite and out the way im sure you will be fine

me and a few friends camped on some woodland on the edge of the cannal last year, we brought our own fire pit so we didnt leave any trace, people thought we was night fishing and that seems acceptable

Apr 25, 2009
Derby
Hi robborob,
Im also new to this and also looking for some where to camp out. With regards to the Grith pioneers after a search on them it looks like the contact details can be found at Belper library ?? Will try and find out more and let you know

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Just remember there is more to 'bushcraft' than going out camping under a tarp. In fact, one could easily argue that is just 'camping'.
Bushcraft, as I'm sure you've realised after reading this forum, encompasses SO many other skills - tree/plant/fungi identification and crafts etc.
Bushcraft is about a mindset and an outlook as much as it is about playing Ray Mears. Therefore, it can (if you want) inform all aspects of your life - from simple pottering around in the shed, to walks in the countryside and identifying all you see, to extended trips into the 'wilderness'.
The primary requirement to practice bushcraft is a mind to see and a mind open to new experiences. And the fact that you've come here to find out more shows you have that. So don't limit your bushcrafting to camping out, think about other skills - tracking, crafts, plant identification and a myriad others. And you'll be pleased to know you can do those anywhere!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE