I have this business idea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 14, 2014
Birmingham
So, the other day I was walking into town, and I saw a long line of youngish people. About two hours later I walked past the same spot, and they were still there. I felt sorry for them. I realized that it was a food line. They where all down and out.

So today, I started thinking, "If I started a business, what would it be?" The first image that popped into my mind was one of the young girls standing in that food line-up. I was on a walk when I had this thought, and by the time I had finished the walk, I came up with this business idea:

"Subsidized Wilderness Training for Young and Homeless people."

Over the last 5 years, as I've researched survival, watched videos, and read books, the thought that the people who need it the most, the homeless or on-the-edge, can't really afford to pay for all the courses they need. Most of them don't have a stable launch-point to attend the courses, purchase required equipment, or store it between classes.

So my question here today is, does anyone know of a wilderness survival school in the UK that's eligible for public funding (https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/eligibility)?

What I'd like to do is spend the next year seriously training in survival skills, and also putting a business together that can reach out to youth and homeless in order to train them. The business would be financed through government and private sector grants, as well as public and charity donations.

That's my idea, and I think it's great. Hopefully not to many people will shoot my idea to help people in a failing global economy down.

Thanks all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE