I finished a model Rustic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
Its in 3,5 mm thick AEB-L SS. Its flatgrind with handle in crotched maple from woodman at ramanon. Legnth is 215 mm and width 30 mm. This wood is so nice, i cant belive it:D.

Seved

allmoge1.jpg

Allmoge.jpg

allmoge-mage.jpg

allmoge-rygg.jpg

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Looks realy nice,haven't come across that SS before (maybe it has a different name in the uk?)
Got any details ?
Cheers.
C da C

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
What kind of Rockwell hardness do you get with it? How is it at holding an edge and how easy to sharpen?
Looks realy useful!
Cheers.
Chris

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
I hardnes from 56-60 HRC if i cryotreat them. I can get 56-57 without cryo. It is pretty easy to grind and hold an edge good maybe not as long as RWL, 440C on the other hand you sharpen it easier then RWL and 440C. Thanks yes it is nice grip with it and i like the fullflat grind.:D

Seved

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Thats a very nice looking blade, with good fit and finish.
Again it's a steel I am unfamiliar with, but at those percentages I would guess it to be much like cpm s60, My memory could be a bit dodgy on that,infact I am not sure the chromium is that high in s60. anyway

I love that wood too, very nice.

The only thing I don't like is the squareness of the handle, I think that would get uncomfortable in repetitive use, I would personally round off the blade edge side a little.

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
Thank you :D. If i remember right the carbon is higher in s60 and i dont remember about the crom. I can check when i come home. S60 is a powdersteel AEB-L is not that:).
Yes i am very pleased with the grain in the wood. I have sanded all edges so they dont hurt the user. I think its pretty confortable and i have small hands so i think it should be great with big hands. But that is diffrent from user to user of course.

Seved

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE