I Did It

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
As some of you may or may not remember I had problems starting a fire with a fire steel.

So after much advice and a very generous bundle of charcloth from andy i kept trying.

When i woke yesterday morning i found 6" of snow had come down overnight, it was -5 and SWMBO had left the balcony door on the jar for the dog!

Neeless to say it ws cold.

Right thinks I .. light the fire,.... hmmm no matches :censored:

so i staggers into the workroom and found some cloth and the firesteel. I peeled some bark from a few logs and also picked up the chippings from the splitting we had done the evening before.

I went upstairs, the charcloth went on the first strike, and i blew, but no real heat, .. I blew harder and suddenly realised what i was doing wrong

i put he cloth in th grate, added some peeled bark and still kept blowing, it went up straight away, and I spent the next couple of minutes feeding it with larger bits of wood.
The fire has been going all day, on one strike and a bit of cloth!

Now i know this is controlled( in the fire) but i susoect that the actual principles are the same outside .. right

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE