Hudson Bay Blanket

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
When the Hudson Bay Company sold them they were rated in “points”. I don’t know what a point was but S E White, writing in 1908 recommended hiking in the Canadian forests with a single Hudson Bay 3point blanket and a rubber groundsheet. They must be pretty effective!
 
When the Hudson Bay Company sold them they were rated in “points”. I don’t know what a point was but S E White, writing in 1908 recommended hiking in the Canadian forests with a single Hudson Bay 3point blanket and a rubber groundsheet. They must be pretty effective!

I was under the impression that 'points' were a size definition not a 'tog' rating - I may be wrong :)
 
They may be traditional but from that table - they are heavy - 2 kilo + for the recommended 3 point.

Glad they are not rated in beaver pelts.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE