How's you to do list of projects looking?

Based on conversations with a couple of gents on here, it strikes me we all have a large (and in my case ever growing) to do list of projects, thought i would share what i have got on mine so far and see what you fine folk have on yours.
1 Swedish snow smock-i dyed this a lovely woodland brown last friday now i want to add a kangaroo pocket to the front of it and then give it a wash in some cotton water proofing treatment
2 wool poncho- i have cut a T shape in the middle to put my head through next up is blanket stitching to reinforce the cuts followed by trimming the edges with leather to add strength and also prevent the itchy wool coming into direct contact withmy neck
3 crook knife blade that i plan to handle using deer antler and buffalo horn (cheers mountainm)
4 i have a svord peasent and replacement scales coming to me this week (cheers Mesquite) this will be the first time i have tried rehanfdling a knife and i must admit to feeling a little erm daunted by this one.
5 a leather sheath for the above.
6 a canoe/voyaguers cup, just waiting for the right pieec of wood to leap out at me from the wood pile
7 a kuska as above really
8 a wool bush shirt using a damaged Bivi bag to give goretex waterproofing to the shoulders to protect against rain and more goretex beneath my bum to give a dry seating area no matter the conditions
9 imporve the aesthetic qualities of my Czech bedroll, i'm thinking leather straps to secure it when i have added layers of blankets and sleep mat
10 possibly polish a tin i have lurking to make a basic and cheap reflector lantern
11 knock up some medicine style neck pouches for me lisa and the kids

All this should keep me busy until erm well august?
hows your looking?

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Based on conversations with a couple of gents on here, it strikes me we all have a large (and in my case ever growing) to do list of projects ...

>>> if only to make myself feel better that mine isn't that big after all :)

bother thought of few more ...

Have a quick look through an old scouting publication called Spare Time Activities for Scouts and Others (by "Gilcraft") ~ it contains the rather fun (and utterly non-PC) phrase 'practice on something soft, not necessarily a brother scout’s head' :yikes: :rofl:

There's always an issue with telling folk you've got a rather long to-do list ~ it can temp others to at least attempt to add to it :D :p .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE