How to read maps - basic and more advanced

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
They are great and really useful. I have used them on a Basic Map Reading course I ran a while ago. All the participants found the info. very handy.:D

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
They're fantastic, thank you. I get lost even with an A-Z so need all the help I can get.
Maps have far too much information on them which just confuses me, but I expect it's
really cos I've not taken the time to learn about them properly.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Its hardly surprising peoples getting lost. I did a Master's Degree in Geographic Information Sytems at Leeds Uni, learning how to make computer maps. Well, a few of the lecturers worked as advisers for a well known mapping agency and allegedly the said agency had lost a 6 metre strip of land in a whole section of the country.

If you came at the strip one way it worked, if you came at the strip the other way it worked but, if you overlayed the two sections 6 metres dissapeard.........they had to quickly go away spend lots of your hard earned income tax and put right their error................GPS pfooey, wheres me sun compass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE