How to make a flat-pack Wood-burning Stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

iamwill

Apr 11, 2006
Leeds, UK
Hi Ogri

Cheers for the advice, I would always treat fire and the possibility of CO poisoning with the utmost respect. The Kifaru folding stoves use a single thickness flue. My plan was too always have an audible carbon monoxide detector with me in the tent when the stove was on. I will test the flue out side the tent so I can be sure it will not combust or leak.

Thanks again, Will

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
That is really clever! Will have to try to find some sheeting. This sure beats a Trangia (no offense to my trusty kit).
Ogri, you avatar had me hypnotised. Only when the phone rang I managed to tear myself away..... Still a bit drowsy...

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Ogri the trog said:
Nobby, go easy with anything galvanised near a fire. It gives off poisonous fumes IIRC, better to use stainless. Good tip about the blow pipe though.
Ogri the trog

You're right in what you say but it is only being used in the open air and after a couple of firings there won't be any fumes left, will there? The toast tasted ok. very good, in fact.

Re your point about fire biting back. I've had to exit a tent that caught light. Folks were talking for days afterwards about how fast I was and how I'd stood on people to be first out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE