How to insert photos into a Post

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I know i have seen mention of this before but search as I may I don't seem to be able to find any referance to it.:eek:

I'm sure this is something that often comes up so perhaps a bit in the FAQ may save similar threads to this appearing regularly........

(On a side i'm sure I just Cut and Pasted an Image in a while ago..... so perhaps there is a problem stopping me rather than I am dence, which is more likely ;) )

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
g4ghb said:
I know i have seen mention of this before but search as I may I don't seem to be able to find any referance to it.:eek:

I'm sure this is something that often comes up so perhaps a bit in the FAQ may save similar threads to this appearing regularly........

(On a side i'm sure I just Cut and Pasted an Image in a while ago..... so perhaps there is a problem stopping me rather than I am dence, which is more likely ;) )

Hi mate,
you will have your picture get hosted here or in photobucket.
There you can choose a img tag or url tag. To paste in a photo into one of your posts you simply copy the img tag and past it into your post. Like this:

sami_boots.jpg

if you now click on quote like you would reply to my post there you can see the img tag.

cheers
Abbe

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
thanks for that abbe but hitting 'quote' just shows me a copy of your thread including the piccie

I tried to insert an image tag in my thread re my first leathercraft but it just showed the link rather than the pic...

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
g4ghb said:
thanks for that abbe but hitting 'quote' just shows me a copy of your thread including the piccie

I tried to insert an image tag in my thread re my first leathercraft but it just showed the link rather than the pic...

mate, no, quote give you only the picture how it has to look like when you post.
So:

1. Open an account at photobucket. (cost nothing, so why not doing it=
2. Load in a picture from your computer to the photobucket server. Why? Because he is always online. We dont want to see dead links when you close down your computer at home. ;-)
3. copy the img tag in photobucket, ( after you registered and loaded a picture into photobucket then you will understand what I am talking about) ;-)
4. Open up your BCUK post and paste the img tag into the post.
5. Now, it has to look like my post. The one you can see if you hit my post with quote. There you see how a img tag looks like.

Only do the steps and you will have some pictures here in your posts.

Hope that helps
yours
Abbe

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I wrote this for another forum, hope it helps:

Following on from a request for help in another thread, I thought this could be quite useful here.

To show your own pictures in threads on the forums, your images must be transferred from your computer onto "the Internet". If you have your own webspace (perhaps from your ISP), you can upload images to that space and use the images from there.

If you don't have your own webspace you will need to use an image hosting service. There are several free providers, I'll use photobucket as an example. (http://photobucket.com/)

Once you've signed up and got your account, you need to browse for a picture to upload on your computer (use the browse button in the "add pictures" box.) Once you've selected the image you want to upload, click submit in the photobucket page, your image will be uploaded and will appear at the bottom of the page.

Your image is now "on the Internet" and anyone can see it, but only if they know its address. The address of the image is something like: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/rcnk/3a.jpg

To display images correctly in the forums, the address or URL above needs to be surrounded with image tags of the form:

[IMG]http://addressofyourimage[/IMG]

You can apply these tags using the Img button in the forum page or simply copy the full address of your image, complete with the image tags from photobucket. (Highlighting what you want to copy and using ctrl+C (the control button and letter C pressed together) is a useful shortcut for copying, ctrl+V for pasting). The code you need is the bottom one of the three different types of code shown for each image on photobucket, called "Img", which should look something like the example code below:

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/rcnk/1a.jpg[img]

Pasting the code (ctrl+V) into the reply box and the image should be displayed correctly, like the example below.

1a.jpg

As a personal preference, I would try and keep images less than about 600 pixels wide - that way they're not too wide as to have to scroll the forums horizontally on a standard monitor, and users using slower modems aren't struggling to load big image files.

Hope that's of some use.

I presume you could upload you photo to the gallery, find out the location of your image (right click and access properties) and use the img tags around that.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Tony said:
Remember that you've got web space in the gallery as well

Thats what i've been using Tony! :D - was just having probs getting the code right:eek:

The way i saw it was if i'm posting something to be seen it may as well be in the gallery - though I now want to improve the quality of my photos! :eek: will the feeling of inadaquacy never end......... :lmao:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
When/if Tony upgrades to Vbulletin version 3.5.2 you can copy and paste a photo directly into your post.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone knows how to add (the so called tags) a picture in a "stealthy" hidden mode??
You know: click a button with "SHOW", picture is shown, click button "HIDE" and it dissapears again, etc.

Can't seem to find out how it works ... :banghead:

Cheers lads!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tony said:
It's a little hack (As far as I'm aware) and I've not got it installed so it's not available I'm afraid

Scanker thanks mate!

Cheers Tone,
Have to do it without than. Thought I'd seen it in action in the Fair Game section ... :rolleyes: Must be me being dim :eek: :D (On BB it's possible though).
Reason I asked is I'm working on a nice new thread with knives, hence lots of piccies involved :D
When finished I'll try and e-mail it Tone, so you've got the premiere ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE