how long does it take?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
My wife joined yesterday, clicked the link sent to email account and received a welcome mesage, tried to post on a thread but it hasnt appeared yet, how long does it normally take for a new member to be able to post wkth out mod approval?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Usually we're pretty quick off the mark at approving new members; there are a fair number of Mods and Admins on the site and there's usually one or two (at least) of us around.

Give me a name and I'll have a look see.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think I found the thread in the Moderation queue.......let's check shall we ? this is the computer clutz mod that's dealing with it :eek:

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah :D :D
It wasn't noticed because it was a post within a thread instead of an Intro.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113566&page=11

Basically until a mod or admin spotted it, or worked through the Mod queue (which is absolutely a guddle of everything from spammers to dodgy link posts) on a massive clear out, or Mrs Ozzy posted again, would the approval to post be given.

It's an anti-spam feature that has cut our hassle by a huge amount, but it does kind of rely on newbies posting an Intro or on a thread where a Mod reads it.

Anyway, Mrs Ozzy is now 'approved' :D

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE