How do you enter a Hammock

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Thanks for the input everyone, I will let you know how I get on...just hope when I have managed all these actions I don't need a pee..........

A pee bottle......

Nick

:eek: I wouldn't like to try and use a pee bottle in a hammock! pmsl
I just lean on my side, step out the hamock and pee out the end of the tarp...

I think to be fair, Wanderingstar has transformed hammock camping in the uk. I hope you never give up manufacturing the underblanket, as this really is the key to hammocking. As for the coccoon, it's great in principle but for those with different hammocks or for larger big bellied and chested :eek: blokes like me, way too small!

I never use a sleeping bag zipped up...to restrictive and tight, and in a hammock too dangerous for me. I use it like a quilt and with the underblanket and decent tarp and midgie net set up, perfect. I get a better sleep this way than I'll ever get in a real bed and that's with me after spinal fusion op and frame in my back! Now that is comfort!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
How do you enter a hammock while wearing a sleeping bag and bivi.....................:werd:

Erm... you don't:confused:
You leave the bivi in your rucksack as a drybag and for emergency use when you have to resort to "ground" dwelling.
You modify the sleeping bag such that it can be drawn around the outside of the hammock as a insulating pod, yet still retains its "ground" capacity. Or at a push, use a foam pad and the bag inside but in my view it comes a very poor second place.
Then use the hammock as it is intended, warm, comfortable and the best nights sleep you'll have in the woods.
I'm waiting for the temperature to dip again for another trial of my Ogri-pod;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You could try stepping into the bag and bivi, pulling them up to your chest, then sit back in the hammock and swing your legs up.

Or you could get one of Ians underblankets and transform your camping experience forever, best money I ever spent on bushy gear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE