Hou canoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
How is that going to work on the Wye, does the border run down the middle or on the welsh sides river bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
I think the navigation authority is the environment agency (England) for the none tidal bit and Gloucester Harbour authority for the tidal bit (also England?). So my feeling is that it is lawful unser the guidance.

"Activity must respect local restrictions; Paddlers are responsible for checking to ensure that if they are planning to paddle on a licensed waterway, that there are no paddling restrictions in place. We are aware that as of today, the Port of London Authority still has restrictions in place for recreational boaters, whilst the Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust and Broads Authority have now lifted restrictions but are urging responsible paddling (see below). Paddlers must also only use access points and car parks that are open for use."

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I think the navigation authority is the environment agency (England) for the none tidal bit and Gloucester Harbour authority for the tidal bit (also England?). So my feeling is that it is lawful unser the guidance.

"Activity must respect local restrictions; Paddlers are responsible for checking to ensure that if they are planning to paddle on a licensed waterway, that there are no paddling restrictions in place. We are aware that as of today, the Port of London Authority still has restrictions in place for recreational boaters, whilst the Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust and Broads Authority have now lifted restrictions but are urging responsible paddling (see below). Paddlers must also only use access points and car parks that are open for use."

To be clear, up stream of Hay on Wye is in Wales and you should not put in above Hay; then the left bank is in Wales until Rhydspence, then you're OK - you'll be shot if you fall out and get out on the left bank between Hay and Rhydspence :)

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Having raided my piggy bank to buy the Grey Owl paddle I am wanting to hang it vertically flat. Have seen some for sale from across the pond. Would any of you know where I could find a wood hanger without importing?

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_092005.jpg
    IMG_20200527_092005.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Having raided my piggy bank to buy the Grey Owl paddle I am wanting to hang it vertically flat. Have seen some for sale from across the pond. Would any of you know where I could find a wood hanger without importing?
Meant to say hang vertically in my flat!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
One of the nicest ways IMO is to find a hazel with a leaning fork - split the main shaft in half so you are left with two prongs sticking out and a flat back to fasten to the wall -peel it and finish it to your satisfaction - easier to draw than explain so if that doesn't make sense I'll try and sketch it :)

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
One of the nicest ways IMO is to find a hazel with a leaning fork - split the main shaft in half so you are left with two prongs sticking out and a flat back to fasten to the wall -peel it and finish it to your satisfaction - easier to draw than explain so if that doesn't make sense I'll try and sketch it :)
Paddle now taking pride of place with my MTB. The bracket is an ukele bracket. Thank you for the tips.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_083419.jpg
    IMG_20200530_083419.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE