Horrified

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
If they are in fact goretex, I hope they put the gortex in backwards. I want the "water" to penetrate though to the OUTSIDE and not stay on the inside of my pair, thank you very much!

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Goretex underwear begad. I have a pair of goretex socks that basically feel like nylon and little would be very uncomfortable worn next to the skin.

Basically its nylon, and nylon Y fronts were a gone but not missed 70's phenomenon.

The possibility of static electricity alone would put me off.

Richard

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
RM is also inderectly funded in his programmes by Dave on freeview. Of course I wonder how much of that revenue stream ends up with RM and how much with BBC worldwide the marketing arm of BBC that sells the output that is "provided by the special way it is funded". If the BBC output relied solely on its licence fee I wonder how it would survive. It is a commercial medai company with pretentions of a national broadcaster. Or at least that is how I feel.

Is anyone else getting bored of seeing the same old RM shows on Dave? I hate to admit it but I think I can actually recite what he says in some of the issues they get shown so much. Of course that could just be me and I need to get out more. The latest one was quite good but I doubt I'd ever get out there. I prefer the Uk ones or the one he did for wild food in Ardeche gorge. I think. More likely to get to those places.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BTW Grylls stuff is probably Craghoppers sub brand aimed at the younger end of the market who are more likely to be influenced by Gryll's stunts. Hence the stylised cammo colouring. If you are not in that younger age group then perhaps you should stick to your usual decades old itchy woolen y-fronts. ;) That's what I do (suitably washed of course).

Berghaus also has a sub-range aimed at the more trend conscious younger market called Ator I think.

And before anyone asks I am going to start going to the gearfreaks anonymous for help very soon just got a few more purchases to make before I get help. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE