Hope you're safe & warm up there!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Sounds as if our Scottish friends are taking a bit of a battering up there, eh?

I hope you're all safe and well :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not quite up as far as Scotland (not far off though) but I was putting a roof on today and in the area of the roof where there's a traditional roof (there's a good few trussed rafters on the rest as well) the bricklayers had put a girder across two peaks, that will form the peak support.

Anyway, during the night that girder blew off and was halfway down the scaffold. Now its only maybe about three metres long and not the heaviest section girder but its not dead light either. Must have been a fair old wind to blow that off and I wouldn't want a slap across the back of the lug with it.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
windy last night but being on the east coast dont think we got it as bad the Swedish tarp i have perminately setup in the tress at the back of our garden (my daughter camp area/ wood pile ,log seat etc) survived, but i think more to come.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Meh!

Just a little breeze to us savages up here, camped out in much worse wearing nothing but my body hair, a pair of y-fronts and a grin.

:p

rorymax

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Blew through like an express train last night, and the wind and rain haven't stopped all day.
No trains running today, Son2's still not home, either he's hoping for a bus or he's walking the 15 miles out :sigh:

The trees have come through surprisingly well, they've lost all the little dry branches though. Most of my trees in pots blew over, so those'll need righted and staked through. It's Winter though, so most of the fruit trees are just bare branches and haven't shattered.

I suspect the folks on the very west coast will have had it a lot worse than us.

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I lived on Cumbrae island in the Firth of Clyde some years ago. It could get a bit breezy at times. The storm of the winter of 1991/92 uprooted the newly built millport peir, destroying it, and pushed a 10 tonne navigation bouy up the beach, across the road and into someone's garden, where it stayed for months before it could be removed. Our three storey stone house shook and swayed like a palm tree that night.

So yes, I hope everyone up north is okay. It is bad enough down here. We had a tree land on a bus earlier today in Pontypool. No-one seriously injured.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I was busy throwing heavy stuff onto the kids trampoline and filling the space underneath it with stuff to stop the wind getting under it and taking it away, also boarding up the sides to the chicken and duck runs so they could still go out without becoming airbourne unwantedly.

On the plus side I'm a recycling bin, car cover, fish box, and 2 tarps richer - they were all sitting in the front garden and around the car one morning:)

Nothing seriously damaged and nothing flying through the windows, I haven't heard of any accidents locally, so all in all quite happy.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Very windy up here on Friday, calmer with snow fall on Saturday, windy and warmer and wetter on sunday and by bed time all the snow had gone. Today we are back to higher winds and snow falling.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE