Hoof it in the Henog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
After waiting almost three years the wife has received an "Oops we forgot" letter from the hospital and will be going in for shoulder surgery second week of November. After which I'll be grounded till into the new year as the five C's take on new meaning for me, Cooking, Cleaning, Carrying, Caring etc while she recovers. Star that she is I'm being allowed out for a mini adventure up around Llyn Brianne before she goes in.

Of course there's always a catch and she's also issued dire warnings for the consequences of:

• failing to take pictures of the dam
  • not getting home on time
  • sustaining ankle, knee or back injury
  • bog snorkelling
  • swimming across fords
  • bringing home stray dragons
  • partying with the Swedish naked volleyball team at the bothy

This is her way on nicely saying to stay south of the Fannog and off the moor if at all possible. As the forecast is looking more than a little iffy with weather warnings issued I'm inclined to agree with her. Rain does strange things up there, footpaths become streams and the ground so soft you begin to wonder if snowshoes might be a good idea. On the plus side I've been wanting to explore the Henog valley area for a while and forest access roads do make for easier going. If anybody else is at a loose end or escaped from their asylum this weekend I'll be heading out from Llanwrtyd Wells no later than 11am, look for the fool with a bergen.

map view https://binged.it/2f89udk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE