HomeMade Fire Box cooker

S

shaunmcdonald

After seeing Magikellys reveiw for the tentipi firebox on SoTP it spurred me on to build my own. The idea is what myself and a friend had while sitting around our fire bin ( Small oil Drum ) late one nite on a camping trip.
This is all made out of some old aluminium sheet i had and most of it is Computer cases that i had hung onto just in case they came in :) and some off the shelf B&Q Rods and tubes.

It flat packs down and is not intended to be used as a back packing setup but more of a longer base camp setup especially on sites that dont allow open fires ( What do you mean an open fire its our BBQ and Cooker :) )

well here they are

Fire&

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Brilliant piece of work.Kind of heavy/bulky to put in a rucksac,but perfect for vehical supported journeys.
The spit pole looks a good'un.A real portable Aga.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
That looks superb, I'm really tempted to get a firebox like the one in magikelly's review but would like it even better if I could make something to my own specifications.
Good work.

S

shaunmcdonald

Thanks all for the Comments guys.
Matt - I think it will be going deli yes as then it will have a proper testing.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
great work. looks realy good. as said before just wondering whether the aluminium will hold out to the heat?

anyone know exactly what happen to aluminium pots and stoves when in contact with a fire? Do they lose their strength etc?

S

shaunmcdonald

I might have added to the concerns about the aluminium i did only use the aluminium sheet for the lower half of the oven all the rest in contact with the fire is mild steel Computer cases.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE