Home bargains cheap folding saw in gardening section

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I was in Home bargains at the weekend and saw this folding saw for £4.49.
DSC_0094 by James Ineson, on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/Uvidf1
Sorry for image being upside down.

I've sawn up a few bits of 4" green cherry branch and it goes through nicely, comparing favouribly to the laplander for a lot more money.
It has the double lock button so you can't close it on your fingers.

It had a TUV approved label on the packaging too, so if it's okay for the Germans, it'll be okay for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi,

I edited your post in order to embed your picture so folk don't have to go clicking and following links. That's the best way to show pictures and videos. From Flickr, use the Share Photo arrow at the lower right corner when viewing your chosen photo, choose BBCode, then what size you want the picture to appear in your post, then just copy the URL from there and paste it directly into your forum post. :)

Glad you are happy with it, hope it serves you well.

Mind you, I am suspicious of something with that many parts for that little money. My mum gives her saws a fair work out in the garden and the arboretum she helps in, and has been through two or three garden centre - no-name brand pruning saws, but has failed to finish off her Laplander in what...more than six years for sure. She has had a new blade for it (something better for green wood than the std one), nice to be able to replace just the blade, rather than needing to buy more plastic for a new handle when it goes dull, but the pivot and lock are still solid, no play or wobble. My laplander is on its second blade and is still my exped/travel saw after about 14 years. A lot lighter use than my mum's, but I reckon I have had more than money's worth.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Thanks for telling me how to do the photos properly. I was having a bit of trouble with them. :) It's sounds like your mum does a lot more sawing than I get up to!
It'll never get much heavy use as I prefer my larger folding frame duluth saw if I'm doing quite a bit of sawing. But I'll give an update later if it wears out before I hope.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE