Holy crabapples, ANOTHER 1st spoon thread....

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

Back in November I went down to say hello to the guys at the Brockwell Wood meet and left with the beginnings of a beech spoon which I worked on a bit at home till all that was left was the "bowl".

Well last week I got myself a crook knife for my birthday, yay! But it was rusty so I had to send it back, boo! And I got the replacement today, YAY!

Sick of the sight of a half finished spoon, I lashed into it and so below are some photos of my first spoon.

IMGP0004.jpg

IMGP0007.jpg

IMGP0008.jpg

IMGP0009.jpg

IMGP0010.jpg

Cheers

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Mark!!

really showing off the artist there mate,....

very nice,....

i just spoke to Chris too,...no plans yet but looks like March for the next Brockwell,....

*rubs hands toghether*,...

what we got in mind for next time dude????,....

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Thanks for all the nice comments lads,

Hopefully next time the knotwork will be more uniform and tidy.

what we got in mind for next time dude????,....

Yeah I look forward to it. I would like to learn how to set up a hammock properly. But first first I need to get one. I would also like to see what we can find to eat from the woods itself cause there should be some growth by then shouldn't there.? I reckon I'll leave the exciting stuff to you guys and your experience/knowledge :). Oh, finishing that knife would be great.

Liking that spot on...did you burn the knotwork in?

I did not burn it, I just used my Mora 911 which left it looking a bit rough and too small for sanding. So I used some coffee to darken it. Thing is the gaps are a bit big for that so I think half the coffee will fall out at some stage.

So burning sounds like a good idea. How do you reckon I'd go about that?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE