Hogget rug

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Finally got around to finishing this off.
This is the skin off the hogget i did the tutorial on how to do breast of hogget joint back near easter.

Lots more more than doing a deer skin the wool really adds a level of imbugerance but well worth the effort. Every sheep i do from now on i'm going to make a rug till ive got enough to cover the floor of the bell tent .

The holes are from where a tack it down when it was drying and salting was going to trimit up but decided not to. Going to use the wool i think to make a some felt for a hat or some such have to see how it comes out.

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Great Will,There's some work gone in to that.It looks really comfortable,I bet the bell tent will be really comfortable floored in that.
How many washes did it take to get it clean and lanolin free?

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Great Will,There's some work gone in to that.It looks really comfortable,I bet the bell tent will be really comfortable floored in that.
How many washes did it take to get it clean and lanolin free?

It took about 8 washes in all, I cut the fleece after drying with salt and before washing to trim it to a decent length and remove much of the real dirty wool and cling ons. The lanolin made my hands real soft andgot rid of a some of the callouces so ive had blister when doing the copice work this week. Going to wear gloves next time or try to convince the missis its good for her skin :lmao:

Got to card the wool now which has bee washed 6 times but is still far from clean before i attampt to make felt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE