Hiking Stick Umbrella's ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, Anyone own or know of a Good ''Hiking Stick Umbrella'' as I'm looking to buy 1 and I'd like to find out if you've got any recommendations before I buy 1.
Just to clarify it's not a older style Gentlemen's Walking Stick, which work and are Great it's just something more Sporty & Sturdy.
Cheer's

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Never in my life have I stumbled upon such a thing in the whole internet world.
What is a "hiking stick umbrella"? Umbrella with a long shaft?

Stormproof umbrellas I know of, is that what you mean?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well it's a walking aid so that you don't stumble, which yes hopefully is a Storm / rain proof Umbrella.
And as for your suggestion yes it might be, that's why I'm asking this ?.
cheer's

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Do you mean something like this?

or this?

However, to answer your question, sorry, no personal experience at all :)

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yes Broch the 2nd link that's the style / thingy I'm looking for, As at the moment I've got an Umbrella with a Walking stick replacement foot grip on the Tip that I have Glued and Gorilla taped on it, works but don't think it's a long term fix.
Cheer's

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Get a Blunt. Good they are. I have had a go with a couple of large apparently weather proof brolls, but only the Blunts are as robust as you'd like.

One, can't rember the manufacturer, broke when I pressed the button to open it. I think the spring mecahnism was a bit enthusiastic.

Do you want a straight handle or the classic, gent's curved handle?

Reactions: dwardo

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
My feeling is that they don't really work as walking sticks. Bit heavy and damageable. Usually they live stuffed in your pack. Might be a good excuse to buy an Eberlestock ruck with a gun sling though :):)

Reactions: Nice65

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
It's waterproof and works, You asked for a picture, that and it's well let's call it ''cost efficient'' & quick to master.
You ''might?'' need to put your Order's in early as I don't think I will be able to keep up with the quantity of costumer's.
cheer's

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It's waterproof and works, You asked for a picture, that and it's well let's call it ''cost efficient'' & quick to master.
You ''might?'' need to put your Order's in early as I don't think I will be able to keep up with the quantity of costumer's.
cheer's

Surely that is not the seat end? ;)

I will have one, and if you are making for costumers, a bowler and grey pinstripe would be excellent :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE