Highlander TT100 Military Bergen

O

oilyrag

Does anyone own one of these? Can anyone post a photo of the back system? Is the back adjustable? Designed for use with webbing? Any response is welcome, it looks like fantastic value for money as long as I'm not paying a chiropractor a few months a year as well.

TT100C-web-1.jpg

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Sorry to say this, but I would'nt touch Highlander products with a barge pole, they are crap!!! You get what you pay for in life. :)

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
I would disagree.

I have owned a Highlander medium sized pack for years and it's still in great condition.

I have noticed in other forums there are some really mixed reviews on their products though...!

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Sorry to say this, but I would'nt touch Highlander products with a barge pole, they are crap!!! You get what you pay for in life. :)

I've got to disagree. I've owned a Highlander 99 for a little under a year, and it's held up considerably well. The only damage, was from an axe that cut through it's sheath, and made a 1 1/2 inch slice through the fabric. I sewed it up, with a running stitch, followed by a whip stitch, and I haven't had any issues since. The beast carries my gear comfortably and effectively.

Seeing as it's been dragged all over the Canadian bush, has been dumped into several lakes, went down some rapids, and has been bashed all to hell.. yet looks almost new... I've got to say, I wouldn't change packs for anyone.

My only complaint, was the fact that it took months to get it here, and they kept giving Jon M (the guy who I ordered it with), the run around, for the entire time. Funny thing, he ordered another through another company, and the next week the original arrived (he sold it to me), and his new one arrived the following week.

Cheap price, but great quality product. :D

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Part of my job is selling backpacks, and out the experience I've got from that I must conclude that the bergan has a crappy load system. no, in fact. it's utter crap. The waistbelt is so flimsy that you have to carry everything with your shoulders. ( normally you carry at least 1/3 to 1/2 on your hips ). This bag is designed to be carried with webbing under it. And for that it might work. But, for lifting more than 10 kilo's you need something else imho. You're better off buying a Berghaus vulcan 2. This bag has an excellent load system. We do sell them but it actually doesn't sell because everybody finds them ugly. I love it though. you can carry heavy loads for long periods. drop it off a mountain and it still works like a charm. my 2 cents: don't buy the bergan, or invest in medical care while you do. lol.
Anyway, good luck finding a nice pack to fit your needs. Cheers!

61218_Vulcan_C01.jpg

berghausbs1.jpg

berghaus2fi4.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I picked up two DPM (I don't worry about that) Bergens, one with side pockets for about £35 I think, and two pockets came my way for about £15 with yoke, so £50 delivered for two ain't bad

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE