Highlander rucksacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I am thinking of buying a Highlander 60 litre rucksack - does anyone have any experience of them?

I will mainly be using it for hill walking / overnighters in snowdonia / brecons, and general bushcraft.

I am after something comfortable and hard wearing - but can not really afford to spend £120 on a karrimor, and the price of the Highlanders have got me really tempted.

Thanks

BB

bigant

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2009
Stoke on trent
if you can drop on one atm.. aldi (stop laughing) did a 75l rucksack i picked one up for about 12 quid from there and its been great build quality is amazing or the price and seems to have all the features the highlander one has.. could be worth a look :) was looking at the blacks one before i spotted this one and its far better than the one in blacks.

stevemreid

Nov 27, 2007
Ayr

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
I've got a Highlander Forces 88 which I like, used it on a couple of trips, carrying 15-25kg, and hasn't let me down.

Having said that, I now use a Lightwave Fastpack 50 for lightweight trips.
The Highlander weighs about 2,4 + 0,4kg for the rain cover/flight bag compared to the Lightwave's 1,2kg. The Highlander's olive green is much nicer than this one's greyish white though!..

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Just been away for a long weekend on Dartmoor with my new Highlander Forces NRT99 bought from Endicotts in Exeter for £49.50.

Had over 20kg of kit in it for the walk to our camping spot and I was chuffed to bits with it. Really comfortable, loads of adjustment in the back in 2" increments so you should be able to get it to fit. The side, centre and top pockets are massive and with careful packing take all of the bits that you don't want to lose in the main pack. I must admit that our walk to the camp was only 1km but I wouldn't dream of carrying 20kg+ any further than was absolutely necessary. During that short distance, the pack felt well balanced and sat nicely without any rubbing.

Quarryman was with us and he has the Highlander NRT88 and he seemed to be equally as happy with his purchase I think he bought his in the spring.

The only problem with this set up for me was that, as none of the side pouches are removeable, I had to take a second pack for our walk over the moors. As it happened it gave me the chance to try out my new Maxpedition Sitka rip off from Ebay which was fantastic. This would easily fold down into my Highlander pack and offers a large amount of space in very small bag.

Hope this helps

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE