Hi-gear flurescent lantern tube

Hi folks,

I got given a hi-gear flurescent lantern and it is a fantastic bit of kit. Really quite economical to use. The only problem that I have is sourcing a replacement 7 watt 4 pin u tube for it? I've tried all the big retailers and B and Q advised that I contact hi-gear themselves but I can't find anything on the web?

Anyone got any ideas?

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Those lanterns are great but I find that they cause interference with radio reception - which can be a nusance if I want to listen to the radio in my tipi.

Sorry folks for the hassle and thanks for trying! The tubes are rounded at the bend and the pins are set in a square formation.

There is no make nor marking on the lantern except Hi-gear. This is the lantern

http://www.higearinfo.com/hgproduct...ctgroup=13&productsubgroup=52&product=DL753CH

I think this is the hi-gear website so I've emailed them. It's a crazy situation where it is almost not worth the hassle, I would imagine most folk would throw it out first. I do value my green ethics though!

leemann

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2004
In the year 2022
Woodsmoke
From your descriopion it might be a sylvania 13 watt bulb don't know the part number not at work might be markings on the base of bulb.

Lee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE