Hi from Somellier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Somellier

Jan 17, 2017
Peak District
Well, from my name you may guess that I enjoy an odd glass of wine, but I like my beer too!

My interest in the great outdoors started as a young teenager nearly 60 years ago, when I lived below the South Downs. In my mid 20s, I moved to the Peak District to be nearer to a more challenging environment and I've lived here ever since.

I used to be a member of a Mountain Rescue team and was a SARDA dog handler, so I've had plenty of experience in the hills, including avalanche work in the Cairngorms.

I really enjoy canoeing - that's with a proper open (or Canadian as some call it) canoe and especially canoe camping. I used to be a qualified instructor, but let my BCU membership lapse at a time when there was too much happening in my life to get out canoeing and I've not bothered to rejoin.

Now that I'm retired, I've got more time to indulge those activities that interest me, and have decided to get more involved in bushcraft, whether land based or via the canoe, so hope to see some of you round the camp fire in the near future!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE