hessian sacks

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
The guy who sells roasted nuts in the city has offered me some sacks, Any suggestions what I could make from some.

pwb

Fill them with sand , if this weather keeps up :rolleyes:.

Not very bushcrafty but I sewed four , opened up , seed potato sacks together. very handy in the garden for carrying grass cuttings, leaves and light garden waste etc.

Cobweb and Bramble use them to make the seating on tripod chairs

Saw Les Hiddins make one on Bush Tucker Man :cool:.

Cheers,
Pete.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
roasted nuts and sacks in one post feeling sore already...only things i can think of are sandbags and perhaps a fish sack to keep your killed fish in fresh in the water...or chum bags for shark fishing :-D

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Fold the bag in half,stitch the open sides, put a strap on the top and a cheap disposable game or foraging bag.

I have been using them for years, great for pigeon shooting put the birds in, in the summer lets the birds breath and keeps the flies off.:mexwave:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Game bag for sure.

Alternatively they are superb for keeping your spuds in - they breathe and if you keep them in a shed (cool) they will last 6 months or more without sprouting.

My own top tip is to drive some nails in a shed rafter, get some hessian sacks and some horse feed nets. Spuds go in the sack, sack in the feed net. Hang the net off a nail by the draw string. This keeps the spuds inaccessible to mice, rats etc., ensures total air circulation and prevents damp and mould setting in.

Serves me well anyway!

Red

D

dboles

Wonder how some would work for charcloth.Lots there to catch a spark
Dan'l

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
does anyone know where one would source a hessian sack of this size (i.e. to do a bush chair) if you did not in fact know a chap who sold nuts?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I got green ones in poundland this Summer. Quid each.
Failing that, you could try a traditional greengrocer; ours still gets carrots in these sacks.

atb,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE