Hennessy Hammock Knots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonBaker

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
There may already be a thread about this – in which could people point me in the right direction.

If not - I have a Hennessy hammock and have used it several times following the “lashing” type knot recommended by the manufacturer.

Unfortunately some times I have struggled to use the lashing recommended and find it uses up quite a bit of the rope length (which I think is not that long anyway) and doesn’t always suit all situations.

I would be interested in advice and examples of how others tie up or have tied up their Hennessy hammock before and the type of secure but easy release knots that can be used.

Thanks

Jon

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Shorten the ties and whip into a loop, crab to climbing tape then clove hitch around your trees adjust to size then seal of with a couple of half hitches. Never could stand those useless tree huggers and that horrible rope on the hennesy :(

Gailainne

Life Member
........find it uses up quite a bit of the rope length (which I think is not that long anyway)....

I think part of the problem may be you are choosing trees too far apart, 5 largest steps (approx) 5 metres is about right, for me anyway.

Also the wrap does need to be neat and tight, so work that as you go.

If you go onto the hennessy site there is a couple of videos to download, they're pretty awful, but they do show the lashing.

PS they say the rope doesnt stretch, dont believe them, it needs resetting, once I set it up I try it out and then re-lash it, and probably will do every morning.

Stephen

JonBaker

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Stephen

This my experience - stretching rope.

I guess sometimes finding trees the right spacing is not always easy and also the right diameter for the tree huggers - it depends where you are. I just wondered if people had found reliable and neat ways round this problem.

I think the suggestion of reducing the hennessy rope and coming up with a different solution - say similar to the DD hammock solution might be good idea.

I might have a play.

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE