helping at event in Holyrood Park

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Joe and I were up at Holyrood park helping at a small event there, the rangers at the station there do a guided walk round the park and there are a couple of people, in iron age togs they "come across". There was hunter over one side and we were doing fire lighting tucked away on the hillside. Great spot and quite odd having permission to light fires in the park!!

The view from the site,

Joe..

Making bannock like drop scones (using the bushmoot recipe and some blackberries from nearby)

Joe again at the site, we had flint and steel, bow drill (successful embers for once in the sun!) Good day and feedback from the guys at the station and the visitors.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Looks like a nice spot.
Lovely views.
Love the fire bowl idea, and all your kit looks great, very traditional and authentic !
Not one plastic item.

The bannock looks delicious too...
Brilliant

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Hello, it was a great day, the firebowls the bottom of an old gas canister with a handle attached, we surrounded it with rocks to hide the legs, the rangers were keen to keep the look non-modern..
I had an old broken griddle that I reshaped to make a sort of oval plate..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE