Help with St Brigits Cross Build !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi All,

Being 1st Day of Spring, My daughter was taught yesterday about St Brigit, her church and her cross.

We've been trying to replicate, following these instructions ( the 3rd method - bottom of page)

linky

But after step 4 it just suggests completion ! - so were stuck, if you look at the diagrams, i cant figure out how to get from fig 3 to fig 4- completed

Can anyone help - or have a step by step better than that link ?

Andi ( my daughter aged 6 ) realy wants to impress her teacher !

Thanks

Loz

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
These are pretty poor illustrations right enough. I think I'll have a go at making up one and see if I can figure it out. St Brigit was the Celtic patron saint of well being. If I can get it right it'll be a good little project to get the kids involved with at BCUK/SOTP meets. Mind you, this sounds like something Toddy will already be expert at.

Eric

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
And she was, of course, imported wholesale from the pre-Christian tradition of Brigid, a manifestation of the triple goddess.

Thank the goddess, it's Imbolc at last!

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Not too sure, but you could rotate the cross 90 degrees and repeat step 3 until the square is formed. Alternatively you could add more straws to form the square, but I think this might defeat the purpose.

Hope this is helpful

Cheers

JFW

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
I tried repeating and rotating the structure but it just unraveled. Diagram 4 seems to indicate some "tucking" of the straws under previous sides of the squares.

I sure there are several steps missing !

Thanks

Loz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE